Decision of ANACOM regarding the alterations to be introduced in the RIO 2005
On 3 December 2004, PT Comunicações (PTC) submitted an offer to ANACOM, regarding the prices to be practiced in the scope of the Reference Interconnection Offer, to be in force for 2005 (RIO 2005).
Having assessed the offer, ANACOM takes the view that it did not comply with the principle of cost orientation of prices.
On 30 December 2004, ANACOM adopted a draft decision regarding the alterations to be introduced in the RIO 2005 and decided to hear the partied interested in this issue.
Having taken place the prior hearing of interested parties, the assessment of observations received is comprised in the “Report of the prior hearing on the draft decision regarding the alterations to be introduced in the RIO 2005”, which states the reasons for and is integral part of the present determination.
Thus, having regard to the grounds presented in the prior hearing report, the Board of Directors of ANACOM, in the scope of the assignments provided for in points b) and f) of paragraph 1 of article 6 of the Statutes, approved by Decree-Law no. 309/2001, of 7 December, and having regard to the regulation objectives provided for in article 5 of Law no. 5/2004, of 10 February, namely to promote competition in the provision of electronic communications networks and services and to protect the interests of citizens, and pursuant to paragraph 3, point a) of article 68 of Law no. 5/2004, hereby determines the following:
PT Comunicações shall amend, within a 10-day time limit, the Reference Interconnection Offer for 2005 (RIO 2005), introducing the following alterations:
1. The maximum prices for call termination and origination services shall be as follows:
Price per minute, based on a 3-minute call
(figures in Euro cents, VAT not included)
|Price per minute||Price per minute|
The call set-up prices should not exceed 0.60 Euro cents for interconnection at Local level, 0.70 Euro cents for Single Tandem interconnection and 0,80 Euro cents for Double Tandem interconnection, these charges being applicable for call termination and call origination services. Calls shall be charged per second as from the first second. Peak Hours comprise the period from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on working days, and Off-peak Hours regard the remaining periods.
2. The maximum prices for invoicing, collection and bad debt liability service shall be as follows:
(a) € 0.0303, per call, for shared cost call services, where the cost to be borne by the caller is equivalent, at the most, to Local PT (as defined in the PTC tariff);
(b) € 0.0389, per call, for the remaining non-free special services, namely customer support services, information services, universal access services, and shared cost call services, where the user bears a cost higher than that of a local call made in the scope of the Universal Service, provided by telecommunication services operators/providers.
3. The maximum price for the pre-selection activation shall be of € 5.6.
The Board of Directors further recommends that PTC speeds up the implementation of automatic and swift processes for handling pre-selection activation requests, aiming at the increased effectiveness thereof and thus at a reduction of pre-selection activation costs.
4. The maximum price for portability per individual number shall be of € 15.
5. All prices established herein shall enter into force on 1 January 2005.
6. The conditions established in the RIO shall clarify, regarding the Leased Lines Interconnection service, that the same conditions provided for as to the leased lines tariffs shall be also applicable in the scope of the RIO, namely as regards the application of discounts.
7. The prices and conditions applicable to the Management, Operation and Maintenance services, in the scope of the RIO 2004, shall be in force for the RIO 2005, according to the table below, without prejudice to the results of the analysis of a proposal of alteration thereof by PTC, which should be duly grounded.
|Installation of a new geographical point of interconnection||€ 382,13|
|Broadening of the interconnection lines of a geographical point of interconnection, with and without replacement of transmission equipment||€ 34,54|
|Transfer of interconnection lines between geographical points of interconnection, with and without replacement of transmission equipment||€ 34,54|
|Opening of transit between OSP||€ 49,93|
|Opening of access to new services of the OSP||€ 555,01|
|Opening of access to new services of PT Comunicações, S.A.||€ 79,16|
|Changes in traffic routing||€ 43,64|
|Changes in tariffs||€ 429,56|
8. PTC shall alter Annex 2 of the RIO (Technical Features), according to the following points:
8.1. The version of the ISUP protocol (ISDN User Part) to be used in the signalling interface between PTC and the OSP, shall correspond to version 3 of the ETSI ISUP (EN 300356-1);
8.2. The sizing of signalling channels shall be carried out according to provisions Q.705 and Q.706 of the ITU-T.
8.3. PTC shall alter Appendix 2 (Test List SS#7) of Annex 4 of the RIO (Management, Operation and Maintenance Manual) according to the following points:
8.3.1. In case the OSP does not implement the charging procedure, the interface between PTC and OSP shall no longer use any national messages and/or parameters;
8.3.2. Interconnection tests shall be carried out having regard to the interface features;
8.3.3. The supplementary services to be compulsorily tested shall include only the CLIP and the CLIR, and thus tests to COLP, COLR, CFB, CFNR, CFU and CW remain optional.
9. PTC shall remove from the RIO all references to a restraint in the access to social tariff schemes on the part of PTC clients who wish to use the selection or pre-selection.