On 22 December 2021, ANACOM approved a draft decision on the proposal presented by MEO – Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia (MEO) in compliance with ANACOM's decision of 9 April 2020https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1523124. The proposal seeks to remedy a lack of coverage by the digital terrestrial television (DTT) service, by terrestrial means, in the town of Baião, São Marcos da Serra, municipality of Silves.
In this respect and in view of the proposal presented by MEO, ANACOM decided as follows:
- to amend the National Table of Frequency Allocations, with reservation of radio channel 28 (526-534 MHz), to be allocated with full accessibility by the holder of the right of use of frequencies for the DTT service, in which it is associated with Multiplexer A, intended for the transmission of free, unrestricted access television programme services;
- to amend ICP-ANACOM DUF no. 06/2008 (granted to MEO) by incorporating radio channel 28 (526-534 MHz) and making its use subject to the conditions defined in the DTT Right of Use of Frequencies; MEO is required to expressly confirm the additional request for frequencies resulting from the proposal it presented to remedy the lack of coverage of the DTT service, by terrestrial means, in Baião, São Marcos da Serra, municipality of Silves, by adding a new radio channel in the corresponding award/area to the MFN network in overlay;
- to order MEO, within 20 working days from notification of the final decision of the present procedure, to proceed with the installation of a transmitter in Fóia, transmitting on channel 28, and further, in the context of the solution to be implemented, execute the communication plan presented and described in this decision;
- to order MEO, within 90 working days from initiation of the installed transmitter, to send ANACOM the information indicated in the conditions associated with the DTT Right of Use of Frequencies;
- to restore the coverage obligation of the DTT service (provided by terrestrial means) suspended by ANACOM's decision of 9 April 2020https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1523124, in the town of Baião, São Marcos da Serra, municipality of Silves, within 20 working days following notification of the final decision of this procedure.
This draft decision is submitted to a prior hearing of MEO, under the terms of articles 121 and 122 of Código do Procedimento Administrativo (Administrative Proceeding Code), and to the general consultation procedure provided for in article 8 of the LCE - Lei das Comunicações Eletrónicas (Electronic Communications Law)https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1366216. In both cases, a period of 20 working days is given for interested parties to comment.
As such, comments in response to the public consultation are to be submitted no later than 26 January 2022 and should be sent by email to baiaoTDT@anacom.pt (comments in writing and in Portuguese).
Once the consultation process has been concluded, the contributions received will be made public. Therefore, for the purposes of publication on this website, interested parties should also submit a non-confidential version of their responses excluding items considered confidential.
ERC - Entidade Reguladora para a Comunicação Social (Media Regulatory Authority) has also been notified of this draft decision and given opportunity to submit a written opinion with-in the same period of 20 working days.
- MEO proposal to address the lack of DTT coverage in Baião (Silves) https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1714581
- Consultation on MEO's proposal to remedy lack of coverage by the DTT service, via terrestrial means, in Baião (Silves) https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1714838