The communications sector was cited in 52.1 thousand complaints in the first half of 2018, 25% more than in the same period of 2017. About 82% of complaints about the sector were presented in complaint books (physical and electronic - the latter coming into force in July 2017). The remaining 18% were sent directly to ANACOM.
Of the total number of complaints registered in the first half of the year, around 80% referred to the electronic communications sector (around 41,500) and 20% to postal services (around 10,700).
Of complaints concerning the electronic communications sector presented in complaint books, 96% referred to the three largest operators: 14,500 (45%) to MEO (an increase of 105% compared to the same period of 2017), 9,500 (30%) to Grupo NOS (an increase of 22%), and 800 (21%) to Vodafone (an increase of 44%).
The issues giving rise to most complaints about the electronic communications sector (complaints entered in complaint books) were billing (15%), service faults (15%) and service cancellations (10%).
In the case of postal services, CTT received 9,800 complaints (88% more than in the same period of 2017), corresponding to 93% of the complaints presented in complaint books.
The main reasons for the complaints entered in electronic complaints book concerning postal services were related to distribution: delays in delivery (31%), significant loss/delay (16%), delivery at the wrong address (9%), distribution failure (9%), lack of attempt to deliver to the recipient (8%).
Consult the statistical report:
- Reclamações sobre serviços de comunicações - Relatório do 1.º semestre de 2018 https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1459903