By decision of 15 December 2016, ANACOM approved the draft decision on the identification of the bodies required to contribute to the electronic communications universal service compensation fund (FCSU) and establish the amount of contributions concerning universal service net costs (CLSU) to be compensated pertaining to the period 2012-2013 (CLSU approved in 2015) and to 2015 (period subsequent to the designation of universal service providers by tender).
By means of this draft decision this Authority determined the following, namely:
- The revision of the eligible turnover amounts of some companies for the purposes of calculating the total eligible turnover for the sector, namely further to the audit or verification carried out by ANACOM.
- The total eligible turnover amount for the sector (4 344 430 220.67 Euros) pertaining to 2015 for the purposes of Act no.35/2012.
- The list of entities which must make the payment of a one-off contribution to the compensation fund and the payment of contributions to the net costs of the universal service providers designated by tender.
- The value of the contribution of each entity for the following purposes:
- compensation of the CLSU pertaining to the period 2012-2013 (CLSU approved in 2015) whose provision was ensured by MEO - Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia (MEO) as the universal service provider in the period prior to designation by tender;
- compensation of the CLSU pertaining to 2015 whose provision was ensured by NOS Comunicações under the terms of the contracts signed with the Portuguese State for the rendering of the universal service provision of connection to a public communications network at a fixed location and publicly available telephone services;
- compensation of CLSU pertaining to 2015 whose provision was ensured by MEO under the terms of the contract signed with the Portuguese State for the provision of the universal service provision of public pay-telephones;
- compensation of CLSU pertaining to 2015 whose provision was ensured by MEO under the terms of the contract signed with the Portuguese State for the provision of the universal service for the provision of a phone book and a complete directory enquiries service.
- The term of 20 working days, after notification of the final decision, for payment of those contributions identified in the previous point above.
It was also decided to submit this draft decision to the prior hearing of stakeholders for the term of 10 working days under the terms of the Administrative Code of Procedure. Comments must preferably be sent by email to email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 Each email may contain one or more files as long as the total size of all files does not exceed 10 megabytes and, if necessary, comments may be divided into two or more emails.
- Electronic communications universal service compensation fund - identification of bodies required to contribute and establish the amount of contributions concerning CLSU (2012-2013 and 2015) https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1401688