The third plenary meeting of BEREC and the Independent Regulators Group (IRG) took place last 6-7 October in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Highlights of the issues considered include the following:
- discussion of BEREC’s working programme for 2017;
- BEREC’s response to the European Commission (EC) request regarding implementing acts of the policy for responsible use and sustainability of the elimination of retail roaming surcharges;
- BEREC’s response to the EC's request regarding implementing acts that establish the ceilings of the weighted average of maximum mobile terminal rates throughout the European Union;
- the preliminary version of the report on the study visit to the United States of America on 22-29 May of this year;
- the agenda of the fourth BEREC Stakeholder Forum (17 October in Brussels);
- various administrative questions.
At Management Committee level several administrative questions concerning operation of the BEREC Office were dealt with, specifically recent activities of the Advisory Group and aspects such as budget execution and human resource issues.
Discussions at IRG level basically focused on administrative questions, especially concerning the budget and accounts.
An accessibility workshop was held on 5 October. The two sessions focused on the following topics: The evolution of the needs of disabled end-users, and Broadcasting – regulating and implementing quality in access services.
- 28th BEREC Plenary Meeting in Vilnius http://berec.europa.eu/eng/events/berec_events_2016/110-28th-berec-plenary-meeting-in-vilnius