Companies are free to provide electronic communications networks and services in Portugal, subject only to the general authorisation scheme; provision is not therefore dependent on any prior decision or act of ANACOM, without prejudice to limitations which stem from the allocation of rights of use of frequencies and numbering.
Under the general authorisation scheme, companies wishing to initiate offers in Portugal are only obliged to communicate this intention in advance to ANACOM. During the course of their activity, companies remain subject to a set of notification duties where they change their identification or contact data, or if they alter or cease their activity.
For this purpose, the following forms are available:
- a form for giving notice of commencement of the provision of publicly available electronic communications networks and services;
- a form for submitting further communications concerning change to identification or contact data, or for giving notice of alteration or discontinuation of the provision of publicly available electronic communications networks and services.
ANACOM is responsible for maintaining, updating and disseminating the register of companies that offer electronic communications networks and services.
- Electronic Communications Lawhttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=333114
- Regulation on the registration of undertakings providing electronic communications networks and serviceshttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1428570
- Registered undertakingshttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=378057