In October 2008, the National Regulatory Authorities (NRA) for communications and telecommunications of: Angola (Instituto Angolano das Comunicações - INACOM), Brazil (Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações - ANATEL), Cape Verde (Agência Nacional das Comunicações - ANAC), Guinea-Bissau (Instituto das Comunicações da Guiné-Bissau - ICGB), Mozambique (Instituto Nacional das Comunicações de Moçambique - INCM), Portugal (Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações - ANACOM), São Tomé and Príncipe (Autoridade Geral de Regulação - AGER) and East Timor (Autoridade Reguladora das Comunicações - ARCOM), created ARCTEL-CPLP.
The aim of ARCTEL-CPLP is to strengthen the historical bonds of friendship and cooperation which exist between the Member States of the Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries (CPLP), and, by setting up a permanent forum for debate and the sharing of experience, encourage innovation and development in communications in the countries involved.
Following the XII General Assembly, held on 10 and 11 of March 2020, in Luanda, Angola, made the following appointments to the Association's governing bodies:
- Charmain: Pascoal Borges Alé Fernandes do INACOM (Angola)
- Board member: Leonardo Euler de Morais da ANATEL (Brasil)
- Board member: João Freitas da ANC (Timor-Leste)
- Charmain: ANACOM (Portugal)
- Member of the Audit Committee: ARN-TIC (Guiné-Bissau)
- Member of Audit Committee: AGER (São Tomé e Príncipe)
- Secretary: Francisco Chate do INCM (Moçambique)
The Secretariat will be based in Portugal, at ANACOM and can be contacted at:
Av. José Malhoa, no. 12
Tel.: +(351) 217212301